Welcome to Aboriginal Perspectives, a site for high school and upper elementary students and teachers that features National Film Board of Canada documentaries by and about Canada’s Aboriginal peoples.
On this site you will be able to:
• Watch key NFB documentaries on Aboriginal themes from the 1940s to 2004.
• Learn about past and current issues relating to the lives of Aboriginal peoples through excerpts or complete films.
• Read critical commentary on the issues.
• Develop critical thinking and media literacy skills.
• Use the Excerpt Library tool to develop a personal collection of film excerpts.
Teachers, tell us how you teach your students about the documentary genre and how you use Aboriginal Perspectives in your classroom.