This is a Web site for high school and upper elementary students and teachers.
The Documentary Lens themes on the left side of the screen will allow you to:
- Watch key NFB documentaries from the 1940s to 2004.
- Learn about past and current issues with excerpts or complete films.
The Behind the Camera (available through the Related sites button on the top right hand side of the page) section will allow you to:
- Learn about the documentary genre (definition, history, etc.).
- Create a documentary as a school project.
- Improve media literacy skills and help students build critical thinking abilities and develop storytelling techniques.
Tell us how you teach your students about the documentary genre, how this site has been used in your classroom, etc. and keep an eye on the evolving content!